Upstate NY is your answer to “What’s Next?” Explore the possibilities for a career that suits your lifestyle.
Salary ranges from $61,000 - $65,000 annually depending on Experience and Qualifications.
The IT Systems Administrator provides administrative and technical support for the central computing systems of Springbrook, including Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft 365, and other services.
To protect the safety of the individuals we support and staff, Springbrook requires new employees to be current on all recommended vaccinations, including but not limited to: COVID-19.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• User account creation and modification (Active Directory, other software packages).
• Creation and modification of network shares and associated share permissions.
• Monitor, maintain and perform general day-to-day systems operations for Windows server services (Active Directory), Microsoft 365 (SharePoint, Exchange), etc.
• Monitor VMware hardware, software, infrastructure and storage network (SAN).
• Perform and maintain data backups
• Maintain logs related to service functions, as well as maintenance and repair records.
• Monitor and perform log analysis of system and event related logs to maintain overall systems performance.
• Review user requests, contact users to clarify requests, and ensure all required information is obtained to resolve customer issues in a timely manner.
• Record and retain logs of all account and access related requests for audit purposes.
• Create and maintain positive relationships with all internal and external associates.
• Implement changes by adhering to the change management policies and procedures for any given project and communicate to all parties the nature, significance, and risk factors of the solution.
• Redirect questions and requests to other staff or help sources as appropriate.
• All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
• Associates required, bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field; specialization in computer and information technology preferred.
• Three to Five (3-5) years’ experience in Information Technology setting preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate and think creatively with regard to solving problems.
• Demonstrated ability to work as an effective member in a team environment; ability to manage time and multi-task; and a strong customer service orientation.
• Possesses integrity, ethics and respect for confidentiality.
• Solid verbal and written communication skills with a customer-centric attitude.
• Proficiency in or knowledge of using Microsoft software including Active Directory and VMware vSphere software preferred.
• Self-motivated and goal driven, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
• Be willing to expand their knowledge with industry concepts and technologies.
• Commitment to customer service and inclusivity, including strong interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer software and e-mail applications, especially Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word; have the aptitude to learn other computer software as necessary.
• Meet the requirements to drive Springbrook vehicles as required.
Springbrook is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Springbrook to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, age, genetic predisposition or carrier status, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, sexual or reproductive health decisions, traits historically associated with race and/or any other status or characteristic protected by law.