Upstate NY is your answer to “What’s Next?” Explore the possibilities for a career that suits your lifestyle.
Salary ranges from $16.00 - $18.00 per hour depending on Experience and Qualifications.
To assist the classroom teacher in the supervision and care of students.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide direct care and supervision of children in the classroom and during all program hours.
• Demonstrate an awareness of the daily classroom schedule and specific assignments and assist other staff when the need is present.
• Demonstrate an understanding of basic learning philosophies and expectations in the classroom.
• Promote a positive, nurturing environment for young children.
• Facilitate child involvement in play and classroom activities.
• Provide students with access to adaptive equipment and materials.
• Assist student with activities of daily living.
• Assist student with behavior management needs.
• Assist teacher with data collection and recording of student performance.
• Assist teacher with managing records (fire drills, supplies, attendance, data collection/charting, etc.).
• Administer first aid to children for treatment of minor injuries.
• Work cooperatively with other staff to promote open communication and teamwork.
• Attend staff meetings.
• Follow confidentiality procedures as outlined in Springbrook policies.
• Clean and manage materials, equipment and the classroom environment.
• Complete additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
• All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
• High school diploma or GED required; Associates degree preferred.
• Experience working with children with developmental disabilities preferred.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
• Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer software and e-mail applications, especially Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word; have the aptitude to learn other computer software as necessary.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs. independently and assist in lifting weights exceeding 50 lbs.
• Meet the requirements to drive Springbrook vehicles as required.
• Be able to perform all physical interventions.
Springbrook is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Springbrook to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, age, genetic predisposition or carrier status, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, sexual or reproductive health decisions, traits historically associated with race and/or any other status or characteristic protected by law.