Upstate NY is your answer to “What’s Next?” Explore the possibilities for a career that suits your lifestyle.
Salary ranges from $15.00 - $17.00 per hour depending on Experience and Qualifications.
Provides assistance in all nutrition services functions as directed/instructed by the Chef Manager in accordance with the agency’s standards and procedures, federal state and local standards, guidelines and regulations
To protect the safety of the individuals we support and staff, Springbrook requires new employees to be current on all recommended vaccinations, including but not limited to: COVID-19.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists in providing students with nourishing, attractive, well balanced meals
• Prepares meals, snacks and nourishments
• Makes only authorized substitutions to menus, snacks or nourishments
• Serves meals that are palatable, appetizing in appearance, garnished and at proper temperature, on a timely basis
• Serves food in accordance with established portion control procedures, adhering to Meal Plans for specific individuals/diets
• Ensures that food supplies for the next day’s production are readily available. Completes pre-preparations as required
• Assists in maintaining all work/storage areas in a clean and properly arranged manner at all times. Moves stock and equipment as necessary to complete daily cleaning duties as assigned. Signs off cleaning schedule
• Demonstrates proper use of equipment. Reports equipment needs or repairs
• Uses required protective equipment
• Sweeps and mops floors as directed
• Carries out garbage
• Keeps work areas clean, dry and free of hazards
• Performs ware-washing duties as assigned
• Assists in orientation and training of employees as assigned
• Treats all staff with respect and courtesy
• All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
• Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer software and e-mail applications, especially Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word; have the aptitude to learn other computer software as necessary.
• Performs physical activities including standing, lifting (up to 60 pounds unassisted), bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and twisting.
• Meet the requirements to drive Springbrook vehicles as required.
Springbrook is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Springbrook to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, age, genetic predisposition or carrier status, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, sexual or reproductive health decisions, traits historically associated with race and/or any other status or characteristic protected by law.