Upstate NY is your answer to “What’s Next?” Explore the possibilities for a career that suits your lifestyle.
At Wolfspeed, we do amazing things in a human way.
We know that the achievements of our organization are due to the passion, hard work and creativity of our employees. We celebrate different perspectives to foster excellence across our organization, and our goal is to make diversity a foundation of what we do. We are proudly building an environment where you can bring your authentic self to work.
• Enjoy doing things that people say can't be done? Innovation is at the center of everything we do.
• Hate red tape? We remove roadblocks instead of creating them.
• Working parent? We provide childcare assistance and paid parental leave.
• Student? We offer continuing education assistance.
• Looking for community? There are many ways to get involved, from Employee Resource Groups to local outreach.
Here's the Gist:
Oversees the maintenance of production equipment. Maintains production equipment in a manner that meets company standards and ensures minimum equipment downtime. Oversees technicians that repair and maintain the production and test equipment. Establishes and maintains preventive maintenance programs and procedures. Manages training programs to ensure proper operation, preventive maintenance, and repair programs and procedures. Maintains inventory and/or spare parts. Schedules manufacturing activities. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. This role works a 12pm-12am shift, every other Sunday, and Monday through Wednesday.
• Supports and influences 5S methodology, ensuring the workplace is clean, uncluttered, safe and well organized to reduce waste andoptimize productivity.
• Manages preventative and corrective maintenance of semiconductor fabrication equipment.
• Responsible for post mortem analysis of > 24-hour tool down, wafer scrap, or wafer scrap near misses.
• Establish relationships across departments to drive cohesive learning and cross functional problem solving.
• Interfaces with the Manufacturing Operations team on supporting daily production priorities based on bottlenecks and/or operational goals.
• Work closely with process engineering and production staff to improve overall quality metrics for the fab, SPC, Scrap, Rework, and cost reduction.
This Job is Right for You if You Have:
• AS degree in an engineering or technology discipline or equivalent military experience or equivalent experience within a semi-conductor manufacturing environment.
• Strong hands-on based mechanical aptitude; experience using common hand and power tools and attention to detail.
• Basic knowledge of electrical systems and the ability to read and understand electrical wiring, block, and schematic diagrams. Ability to troubleshoot basic input and output functions.
• Experience with MS Office Excel.
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
The posted salary range is what Wolfspeed reasonably expects to pay for this position. Actual pay for a hired applicant will be determined based on the individual’s job-relevant qualifications, experience, and other determinative factors. In the event it is determined that a different job level upon hire is warranted then that range will be communicated to the hired applicant as soon as reasonably practicable.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.