Upstate NY is your answer to “What’s Next?” Explore the possibilities for a career that suits your lifestyle.
At Wolfspeed, we do amazing things in a human way.
We know that the achievements of our organization are due to the passion, hard work and creativity of our employees. We celebrate different perspectives to foster excellence across our organization, and our goal is to make diversity a foundation of what we do. We are proudly building an environment where you can bring your authentic self to work.
Here’s the Gist:
The Operational Excellence Program Manager will support plant operations at all levels in the development, planning, and execution of strategies and performance metrics. This position requires an individual who can facilitate and drive change in a fast-paced and “ever changing” environment by leveraging strong interpersonal skills. Key to success in this position is the ability to identify and drive operational improvements at all levels utilizing a very “hands on” approach to creating value and organizational buy-in as a change facilitator in support of Wolfspeed Operational Excellence direction.
• Support development of manufacturing strategy for all manufacturing and distribution assets to ensure objectives are met in the areas of safety, quality, profitability, waste reduction and team excellence.
• Provide leadership / mentoring / training to all levels of the operation on the use and practice of Lean Six Sigma methodology and tools.
• Responsible for participating, and planning the execution of events targeted towards improving the plant’s performance on safety, quality, delivery, inventory, productivity and cost as well as establishing a functional focus toward achieving 5S standards in the workplace with process, metrics, and ownership at all levels.
• Identify and analyze complex operational data from multiple sources in order to synthesize actionable evidence of root cause or improvement opportunities.
• Focus on business performance improvements that yield zero accidents,
defect free products, on demand and on time delivery, at the lowest cost by partnering
with the plant’s process owners and champions to drive results.
• Expert in the use and implementation of Lean Six Sigma tools such as: Toyota Production
System/Danaher Business System, Lean Manufacturing, Standard Work Deployment, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping, Total Quality Management, Kaizen, TAKT, Kanbans/Pull, Systems, Eight Wastes, 5S, Poka-Yoke, PDCA, Hoshin Kanri, Root Cause Analysis, Workshop Management, and KPI's.
• This position is an on-site role in our Mohawk Valley Fab in Marcy, NY.
• This position reports directly to the Director of Operational Excellence.
This Job is Right for You if You Have (Minimum Requirements):
• Minimum 7-years of hands-on experience in production management for a manufacturing
company with at least 5 years applying lean tools and training others.
• Results-based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills.
• Bachelors in Engineering preferred (ME, IE, other), or Operations Management
• Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certified
• Proficient in MS Office Suite, MS Access and MS Project a plus
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
To put it legally – Wolfspeed is an equal opportunity employer.
We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other protected status as required by law.
The posted salary range is what Wolfspeed reasonably expects to pay for this position. Actual pay for a hired applicant will be determined based on the individual’s job-relevant qualifications, experience, and other determinative factors. In the event it is determined that a different job level upon hire is warranted then that range will be communicated to the hired applicant as soon as reasonably practicable.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.